Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ernest Geoffrey Morgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Charles

Charles Report 2 Jun 2014 22:59

Can someone help me as to where to find military records for the above person, I have found one record which quotes his Army No; 826970, but it gives me very little else. Where do I go to get his full records?
Many thanks
Charlie

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 2 Jun 2014 23:06

Where did you find that info ?

Charles

Charles Report 2 Jun 2014 23:41

What the hell are you on about!!!

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 3 Jun 2014 07:41

Charles, I think Glitterbaby's request as to where you found the information is perfectly reasonable.

You're not getting yourself confused by reading what's in her "Researching" lines, are you? That's where many regular helpers put additional guidance to stop people trying to contact us by private message - it appears on ALL of their posts and is not aimed at any one individual.

Now, let's start again - what was the source of the army number you have, and what is the timescale?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 3 Jun 2014 13:20

Should anybody else wish to attempt to help Charles, and also risk being insulted, then this is possibly the source:

Royal Artillery Attestations 1883-1942

First Name Ernest Geoffrey
Last Name Morgan
Year 1933
Year Of Birth -
Age -
Birth Place -
Soldier Number 826970
Former Soldier Number -

Charles

Charles Report 3 Jun 2014 18:30

I apologise to Glitterbaby, I was reading the researching lines and thought they were part of the message.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Jun 2014 23:29

Glad that's been sorted out :-D

If I'm reading the RA Attestation transcript correctly, he was serving in 1933. If that was the case, his service records would still be with the MOD

This is the link for obtaining UK service records:
http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

Unless the man himself or his widow can sign the application form (well, you never know!) there is a cost of £30 then several months of waiting before the records arrive.

Charles

Charles Report 6 Jun 2014 21:40

Thank you for your help, I think they say next of kin can request the information, do you think that may include a daughter?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jun 2014 09:47

Absolutely, although it will cost her £30.

As the MOD concentrates on the welfare of living servicemen, there may be a wait of a number of months before the records arrive. 9 months has been mentioned on one occasion.

Charles

Charles Report 7 Jun 2014 19:09

Thank you.