Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find my father times running out

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

darren

darren Report 8 Jul 2014 11:26

Hi All I nee some help!!!

Im looking for my father , Paul Matthews born in Bradford in 1944 to the parents of Hilda Florence Bee and Thomas H (Harry) Matthews from what I can remember he had three brothers and one sister ( Paul, Brian , Barbara,)

They all originated in I think West bowling (Bradford)

Paul married Joan Hilary Morris from shrewsbury Shropshire in I think west west bowling church in the late 50/60s

My father served in the kKings own Yorkshire Light infantry (KOYLI) he also served in the 17/21 lancers before from what I understand he left the forces in 1974 , He then returned back to shrewsbury for a further few years before my mother and father divorced, from what I remember then he became a HGV driver from there on I don't know much more, I believe that he may have remarried some time later, and possibly moved to Liverpool or Kent,

I have been searching for years but to no avail ,

I thank anybody in advance for any leads

Kindest Regards

Darren P Matthews ( son)

Colette

Colette Report 8 Jul 2014 13:07

Hi Darren there's a couple of people on Ancestry who have Lily Ellingham in their trees, Lily was Hilda Florence Bee's mum, looks like Hilda your Gran had a sister named Ethel Bee born in 1912 and she married a man named Harry Parker in 1936 and had one son named Geoffrey Parker born in Bradford 1937,he would be your dad's first cousin..
Your dad's Sister Barbara A Matthews married a man named Maurice Downer in 1958 Bradford looks like they had one daughter KIM T DOWNER in 1959 she would be another Cousin of your dad's I cannot see a marriage for this Kim...wondered how you got info that your dad might have moved to Liverpool or Kent ?

wish I could help you more have you tried forces reunited you never know he may keep in touch with old Army mates etc.. or any forums on the Regiments he was in worth a shot

Colette

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Jul 2014 20:06

Additional answers on
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1342328
And one which he has been asked to delete
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1342379

darren

darren Report 10 Jul 2014 10:12

Thank you Colette

Darren