Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Births of Forces Children in Malta

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bob

Bob Report 27 Aug 2014 18:52

How do I access the births of forces children in Malta in !962
Really need to see parents of 2 boys named " Scaife" . Will they be in Forces records ,or shown in Births Marriages + Deaths for Malta itself ?
Thank you Bob B

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 27 Aug 2014 20:40

I've pmed you a couple of armed forces births for Malta in 1962 and 1965, but you'd have to purchase the cert to find out details of the parents.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 27 Aug 2014 20:41

There are two births for Malta - 1962 and 1965 - but you would still need to purchase the certs for the names of the parents

Andromeda

Andromeda Report 7 Sep 2014 23:01

Do you know the Regiment or Service (eg: Royal Marines) or unit the parent was serving with in Malta? If so I suggest you contact the Records office of the appropriate service. My father was serving in Malta and acted as Registrar of Births in the late fifties/early sixties, because registration was given over to the military. I presume the paperwork (ie Registration Books) were returned to the main UK administration office of the service when the troops left.
Good luck.