Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kenneth Whittaker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

diane

diane Report 21 Sep 2014 21:51

Does anyone please have any info on the above named person who married a girl called catherine beldon who served in the ats in Berlin 2nd war regards Diane

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 21 Sep 2014 22:00

look at this site for info about WW2 service records

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/army.html

diane

diane Report 23 Sep 2014 14:58

Glitter bay can you please tell me how to place my message so everyone can see it? I am not very competent about this and am sorry to trouble you

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Sep 2014 19:33

diane - everyone who reads your thread will see it. Do as you already have, and type in the 'Add your repy' box at the bottom of the page.
If Kenneth Whittaker or someone who knows him should happen to search for his name on the World Wide Web, this thread will be one of the results.

Try 'search all member trees' to see if anyone has either him or Catherine on their trees, then send the tree owner a message. Its unlikely that a casual reader of the boards will know Kenneth

For more information about him, order his and Catherine's MC from
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

That will give his declared age at the time and the name of his father, if known.

diane

diane Report 28 Sep 2014 20:32

It is correct that Steven K Whittaker does have a blood relative and that relative its trying to locate him. The death of Catherine Whittaker corresponds to the aforementioned family.. My friend is wanting to locate Steven K Whittaker who previously resided in Longbenton at the time of his marriage in 1973. We have obtained both birth certificates and all corresponds. Any help in trying to locate Steven's whereabouts would be most welcome and treated in the strictest of confidence.
:-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Sep 2014 09:16

Related thread -looking for Steven K Whittaker

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1344900

Ann

Ann Report 20 Feb 2016 18:37

Hi Kenneth Whittaker who married Catherine was a relative of mine.
Please contact me.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Feb 2016 00:42

Ann - As Diane last posted in Sep 2014, she may not be expecting a reply now.

The best way to contact her is to click on her name to send her a message. As long as she still has the same email address, she'll be told you are trying to contact her.