Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding Alfred

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 22 Sep 2014 13:11

Hi All,

Is it possible to trace someone who was in the British army but served in Münster in the 1950s? I have tried to find Alfred walker everywhere as we would love to know how he is doing and more about our long lost family. I know he married a woman called Ursula but don't have a maiden name and I know they had two sons.

If anyone can help with tracing methods or if you might have heard of him, please message. Thanks!

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Sep 2014 17:22

Did Alfred marry Ursula in England or in Münster? If it was in England there is a marriage in 1956 which I will send you in a private message.

Kath. x

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 23 Sep 2014 20:27

Hello Gillian and welcome to the Community boards.

(I'll let Gillian know that she has a reply to her message) :-)

Gillian

Gillian Report 29 Sep 2014 10:58

Hi!

Firstly, thank you Cynthia for letting me know I had a message. :-D

Second, thank Kath for taking time to look. :-D I'm not sure where they got married but I've narrowed it down to two options, either Münster or Lichfield, Staffordshire. I also know the Ursula was german as he met her over there and brought her back to the UK for a short while. I think they had both of their sons over here in staffordshire but yet again I can't be certain.

Thanks! :-D