Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

National service

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gail

Gail Report 16 Nov 2014 10:00

I have been told My Late father in law John Russell born 1930 did National service ,served in middle east ,and returned home to England.
Possibly in Royal Medical corp.
Do any of you lovely people know how i can find details Please .
Many thanks

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Nov 2014 10:37

John's records will still be with the MOD. If his widow is still living and can sign the form, she can apply for the records for free, otherwise they will cost £30. You could be waiting for up to 9 months before they are sent to you

Use the links from the following page
http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

My f-i-l sent for his on my behalf (NS in 1947). TBH, they were so full of initials and jargon if he hadn't been on hand to interpret very little would have made any sense.

Gail

Gail Report 16 Nov 2014 13:37

Many thanks for your help,will send off to get records .
:-)