Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

private J Griffiths

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

michael

michael Report 27 Jan 2015 12:43

Hi, I am looking for any information regarding private J Griffiths
who was in the royal welsh fusiliers during ww1 army no 18976

Best Wishes

Michael Mccarthy

Potty

Potty Report 27 Jan 2015 13:04

His medal card is on Ancestry:

Name:James Griffiths

Regiment or Corps:The Royal Welsh (Welch) Fusiliers
Regimental Number:18976

He received the 1915 Star, the Victory & British Medals; served in France from 2/12/15 and was demobbed 21/1/19

Potty

Potty Report 27 Jan 2015 13:11

Can you give any more info on him? When and where he was born? Parents' names?

michael

michael Report 27 Jan 2015 14:41

Thanks for replying. I have no further information on James Griffiths
I would love to find out where he was from. I am from Merthyr Tydfil so I don't know if he was from here.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Jan 2015 11:14

How did you come by his name? If he was a 'marry-in' what details are on his MC?
Occupation, address, declared age, father's name and his occupation? Even the witnesses might be from 'his side' of the family.

With those details, it might be possible to find him on 1901 and 1911 census, or at least limit the options.