Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pte B Prior ICAMBS WW1

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeffrey

Jeffrey Report 10 Apr 2015 11:03

To Gritty, et al -
I am so grateful for the extensive input re Pte Prior. Ten days ago i did not know that he, or his lost ID tag, existed. A chance conversation led me to try to discover more. I fully expected to find just his name on a Great War memorial. That this small item, lost 100 years ago and picked up quite by chance 30 years ago by someone with a very keen interest in WW1 has led to such a rapid and positive response is quite remarkable.

Gritty - if its not a secret - what source did you go to to dig up so much from such a scrap if information? Once again, many thanks, it has been most interesting to trace this tiny ID tag to a real person - and one who survived.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Apr 2015 13:27

Duplicated in error
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/military_chat/thread/1351110