Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Paternal Grandfather

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William

William Report 18 Feb 2017 21:23

I am trying to trace the whereabouts of my Paternal Grandfather William Clague born in Shipley Yorkshire 1874. He moved to the Isle of Man amd enlisted into the Royal Scots 1st of Foot in 1915 he came through WW1 having been transferred to the 10th Scottish Rifles the Cameronians ( poison dwarfs) then appears to have gone back to the Royal Scots. His profession in civvy street was gents hairdressing. He demobbed in 1918/19 and appears to have been in Scotland Edinburgh Kircaldy and Montrose where he signed for his medals. The marriage certificates for three of his children name him as deceased the earliest being 1933. He has obviously died but I cannot trace the deat in Scotland, Isle of Man or England so presume he died between 1922 and1933. Two of the children married were girls but were of age and did not need his permission to marry so no point in telling Fibs on the marriage certificates. Thanks for any Help. Bill Clague. Signed for medals in 1922.

Allan

Allan Report 19 Feb 2017 00:35

The only death I have found that nearly fits the picture is a William Clague, but this death was in 1941.

Age at death was 66

CLAGUE

WILLIAM

685/5 1766

George Square

The above information is from Scotlandspeople.

However, that does not tie in with the information on the Marriage Certificate of 1933