Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Samuel Rogers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samuel

Samuel Report 10 Apr 2024 18:00

My dad Sam Rogers served in WW2 1939 in the Royal Corps Of Signals he also was in the Territorial Army .In the signals he was a corporal Service Number 2573406
I also have a Archive Ref W010236a I know he was at Dunkirk but don't know where he went after.
Hope you can help .

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2024 18:29

If you are looking for service records, there are numerous threads on here which include the link for applications

No-one on here can give you the info……..unfortunate, but factual

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2024 18:31

You were given the link in your thread entitled ‘Sam Rogers’ in January, and acknowledged having seen it

I knew the name rang bells

Samuel

Samuel Report 10 Apr 2024 19:27

Thank you a family member said they would look into it
The problem was searching for death certificate
When I just saw this email for Genes military I thought they had it on line .At least I have the service number now
Thank you again for help.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Apr 2024 22:07

You say, "The problem was searching for death certificate"

Do you mean that you had one but lost it?
It's easy to order another copy from the GRO website (assuming he died in England or Wales):

https://www.gro.gov.uk

Register (free), log in, then "Search the GRO Online Index ".
Once you have the registration reference details, click "Place an Order" and follow the instructions, entering the reference details accurately.

Samuel

Samuel Report 10 Apr 2024 23:02

My mother had the death certificate she died 2004 I thought I had it with other certificates.Looked but can't find it .I will send for one .