Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

charles relf hawker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mahala

Mahala Report 22 Jun 2009 00:34

Is there any kind person with a subscription to find my past that could tell me what the entry for migration details:
RC Hawker bn. 1892,male ,left London 1912 for Sydney,Aus. says in full. Perhaps the name of the ship if available.

The details fit exactly Charles Relf so I think it may be mis-recorded.

Thankyou in anticipation.

Mahala Mehmet.

HelenBrissie

HelenBrissie Report 22 Jun 2009 01:30

Hi

There is an entry for a Charles Relf on findmypast.com.

RELF Charles 1891 M 1912 London Australia Rockhampton .

Further information from Qld Archives

Vessel was SS PERTHSHIRE S.S departed London 28 03 1912 arrived Brisbane Queensland 02 06 1912

Vessel also discharged passengers at Maryborough on 30 05 1912 n.b. Rockhampton not far from Maryborough.

There are also 16 WW1 Attestation papers on National Archives for Charles Relf born London England NOK father Thomas Relf. You can view images on http://naa12.naa.gov.au/Login.htm

Helen