Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

winifred Divine-Help in finding her

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 14 Jun 2006 22:49

Right I have a marriage of Winifred Divine and Henry Charles Howard Strong in 1867-East Indies. (Have cert) Has anyone any bright ideas hown I find out who Winifred was! He is not back on here on a census until 1881 (Children born in 1870 and 1873 abroad)By 1881 he has another wife.(Elizabeth) Cannot find a death for Winifred though. I have no age for her and no parents given on the mariage cert-Has anyone any bright idea -or can find Henry near her in 1851- I haven't got him then he was born 1836 in Crediton (Kennerleigh) Devon. Possible in 1841-but it's sketchy.

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 14 Jun 2006 22:53

1851 Gready? Mill Sarah Cornwall abt 1800 Stockleigh Eng, Devon, England Head Kennerleigh Devon View Record William R Cornwall abt 1826 Kennerleigh, Devon, England Son Kennerleigh Devon View Record Elizabeth Strong abt 1809 Sandford, Devon, England Visitor Kennerleigh Devon === View Record Henry Strong abt 1836 Kennerleigh, Devon, England Servant Kennerleigh Devon HO107/1886 Registration district: Crediton Sub-registration district: Morchard ED, institution, or vessel: 8 Folio: 97 Page: 5 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 19 GSU Number: 221036

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 14 Jun 2006 22:55

1841 Charles Strong abt 1811 Devon, England Woolfardisworthy Devon View Record Elizabeth Strong abt 1811 Devon, England Woolfardisworthy Devon View Record Henry Strong abt 1835 Devon, England Woolfardisworthy Devon HO107/261/15 Registration district: Crediton Sub-registration district: Morchard Bishop ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Folio: 4 Page: 13 (click to see others on page) Line number: 12 GSU Number: 241328

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 14 Jun 2006 22:56

Actually I have seen thius one before-thank-you-I think it got discarded -but now I know better! -does it say whether his wife is a widow please -and any address? -only if you have time.x

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 14 Jun 2006 22:58

thanks very much!! xx Now I need to find a marriage between a widowed Elizabeth Strong to a James Alford!

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 14 Jun 2006 23:01

It does say married for Elizabeth in 1851 i had a one who had said he was still married when infact wife had died 2 months before census Jeanette

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 14 Jun 2006 23:06

That's fine she's still allowed to be married then! It's just that by 1881 I have an elizabeth Alford in Sandford,Crditon devon with a 'grandosn' William henry John Strong (Born India 1870) who is the child of Henry Strong (1836 Kennerleigh) -having more or less ruled out that Winnifred was her daughter-I'm assuming that Elizabeth,Old henry's mum is actually later on (Granny) Elizabeth Alford-but can'tfind a marriage!

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 14 Jun 2006 23:06

could this be her in 1861 Elizabeth Alford abt 1811 Sandford, Devon, England Wife Sandford Devon View Record James Alford abt 1819 Sandford, Devon, England Head Sandford Devon View Record Elizabeth Mycock abt 1844 Torquay, Devon, England Visitor Sandford Devon 1871 Elizabeth Alford abt 1803 Sandford, Devon, England Wife Sandford Devon View Record James Alford abt 1819 Sandford, Devon, England Head Sandford Devon

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 14 Jun 2006 23:11

This is what I thought-but I think she was Eliza Stoneman! She could still be the right one- I just can't work out the 'grandson' bit! also she swaps from Eliza to Elizabeth-so not sure !

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 14 Jun 2006 23:14

Better go to bed now-have to be up for kids!! thanks for all your help-I'll be back tomorrow xx

ValT

ValT Report 14 Jun 2006 23:15

Hi found marriage of Elizabeth Strong and James Alford. Marriages Sep 1860 Alford James Crediton 5b 649 Strong Elizabeth Crediton 5b 649 Elizabeth doesn't show on FreeBMD but I checked on 1837. Val

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 15 Jun 2006 07:28

brilliant! that date ties in well!-another cert to order!! pity they don't do a discount for bulk orders!!-thanks so very much x