Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brother I never new I had

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 18 Feb 2010 12:47

After 61 years I now have an older brother who I did not know existed. It was only when my mother died and I found her wedding certificate to my father that stated he had been married before in 1939.

Within 30 minutes of my entering my father's details on genes reunited I had a reply and within a few minutes we were all talking on the phone. We finally met a few days after New Year and it was extremely emotional. We all now have new family to enjoy and it is great to have a big brother as I thought I was the only child. A great Christmas present. The strange thing is that we only live about 40 miles apart and he had been searching for me since 2004. Thank you Genes Reunited for making my year.

Regards

Patricia