Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Success story....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donna

Donna Report 9 Mar 2010 20:21

Hi Everyone

I would like to first of all thank Jinny on here as she gave me loads of information on the Brooks family. Thanks to Jinny she gave me a list of posible addresses of my great uncle (My grandad's brother), I ddn't even know he was alive still, as I didn't have much information about the Brooks family and I found the correct address from the list and contacted him, we are now in contact and are due to meet in April...We ring each other every week to see how we are.

The great story is that he didn't even know he had any family left from his immediate family as he didn't know his brother (my grandad) had any children, therefore didn;t know about us. He is 91 years old and in good health, lives on his own and has 2 son's and 1 grandchild. It is lovely to know there is so many kind people on here and I am very grateful for all the help from everyone, as well as Jinny

Thanks You xx