Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family found

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

(-: Carole & Tony ;-)

(-: Carole & Tony ;-) Report 18 Mar 2010 09:53

I just want to say to people never ever give up with your searches Tony and i helped a very distant family member who we met by doing our family tree. Florence lives out in Tennessee USA and her cousin lives in County Durham England

This is part of the message that we received from Flo.

My mother and her brother were orphans by the age of 8 and 9 and separated when there father Joseph Short Curtis 1888 was killed while training to go into WW1, and they never saw each other again. My mother looked for her brother all her life but never found him. I started my tree to see if I could find him and just found him last year. Now I am trying to find his family.

Florence had a previous address which was great help.

As Tony and I know the area and only live 30 minutes away, we got into the car and off we went off the local council but they could not help as we only had previous address, so we went to look at the electoral at the local library and WOW ! we found them.

Next we went to the address and knocked on the door when a lady came i asked if that family lived there and then said were you and used her maiden name and it was so rewarding finding them because neither cousin knew about each other and are now in contact and they thought they had no close blood relatives left ( apart from children ) Joyce started to get all her photo's out of her dad it was lovely. Hope i haven't bored everyone too much we just wanted to share this experience xcarole