Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

mary Burton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 May 2010 08:40

I had been trying to help my friend Joy with her family tree . I wasnt having alot of luck till I went onto Genes reunited and found others searching Mary Burton from Scotland. I made contact with these researchers and found they had all been trying to find my friend for ages and had lost contact with her family when her mother died. It was the most wonderful reunion for my friend to find her lost relatives in the UK. I would like to thank neil McIntyre, Catherine Noble, catherine Madinaveitia, and Suzanne Setford for all making contact with my friend Joy and filling her in with her family connections. The biggest surprise will be in about 2 weeks time when Joy finally gets to meet her long lost relatives in Scotland and see the resting place of her Grand parents . A big thank you to all these people I have mentioned for making a dream come true and I know it will be a very emotional get together for everyone. And I am so pleased to have help my dear friend find her family.
margaret in NZ