Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Connected through Genes Reunited

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carolynne

Carolynne Report 6 Jun 2010 12:56

During World War 2 my uncle served in Tobruk and Crete and
during a break on R & R lost his pocket knife in a theatre in
England. The usher found the knife and the family has been
searching for the owner (my Uncle) for the past 65 years.
Unfortunately my uncle passed away several years ago, but
through Genes Reunited a member of finders family made a lot of enquiries and finally contacted a member of this site who put the holder of the knife in contact with me. The knife is now in my posession and I have contacted my cousin, son of the soldier who lost it.
the pocket knife together with the story from the grandson of the finder of the knife and a story from my part in it will be handed over to my cousin (the son of the soldier) in Sydney with all parties meeting for this occasion, and returning the knife that their father carried all through the war. Needless to say they are extremely grateful that a family on the other side of the world went to so much trouble for 65 years.
Carolynne