Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Waddington Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joan

Joan Report 10 Jun 2010 06:58

I just want to say thanks to GR I have found so many people whom I never knew existed. My father's parents both died when he was a small boy. His 2 sisters and baby brother were brought up in orphanages, so my siblings and I never knew anyone in our father's family. All I had was a photograph of my grandparents taken in 1910, and my grandmother's maiden name.
Thanks to some wonderful members of GR I found that my grand father was the eldest of 12 siblings. They are scattered all over the world. My grandmother was from a family of 6 children.
4 days after I joined GR I heard from Jeffrey a member who has helped me with my tree. I am 80 years old now and at last I can show my siblings and our grandchildren where we all started. All thanks to GR and members . regards Joan Miller nee Waddington