Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FAMILY HISTORY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 19 Jun 2010 15:55

Hi Everyone

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped me on this site. A few months ago someone contacted me through GR site as that member had a match with me with the same name as my grandmother (which matched up 100%) and this particular member has helped me a great deal.

I found out that I have extra cousins (still living) on my late mothers side and I have learn't that my Mother had a brother and sister who I never met (the extra brother she had who I was unable to meet died in 1945, (very sad), because when my Mum was alive I only knew of her having one brother only who I did meet. (But my Mum's sister was still living when I was born and died a few years ago, still never had that chance to meet up.

As I did not grow up with my parents from the age of 6xyears onwards I decided to research my family history to get to know where I came from and it was very interesting.

Thank you very much to the Genes Reunited team too who have helped me a great deal.

I have so much information now on my family passed and present.

Darkie