Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Father and Daughter to meet after 64 years thanks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

seeking Hilary

seeking Hilary Report 12 Jul 2010 07:11

A massive thanks to everyone who has assisted in our search. After many years searching I am excited to say that we have finally found my grandfather and for the first time ever my 64 year old mother has spoken to her father (and many extended family she never knew she had!) We have so much information taken from records found through GR and other search sites but would never have been able to find living relatives if it were not for the 'tree match' feature and a half hearted 'i don't suppose your rellies are connected to mine' type email ! so if anyone else is using this site (as we did) to try and find living relatives I say don't give up, you never know when that missing piece will fall into place!