Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

my great great uncle

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 13 Jul 2010 22:11

We are all here cos we love or are addicted or have other personal reasons for searching our family tree !
My 14 year old daughter is currently on a school trip to Belgium, Ypres. Today after I had provided her with all the details, she visited the grave of my gt gt uncle who died in 1918 in the great war aged just 18...................she layed down a poppy and signed the book. Doesn`t that make us "mad" lot seem the most least mad of all. Thats what this is all about.................although a very sad day, today would noy have happened if I had never started this search ! RIP uncle Robert Proctor