Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thanks for help with Purdue and Stevens

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 29 Jul 2010 01:12

When I first started this, in May, I had no idea how to go about searching, but my "Trying to find" thread received so many - and such useful replies that I've found 3 distant cousins and had a great time in the Records Office reading old Parish Registers on microfiche. Today I found George Purdue's baptism - which had eluded me in spite of finding his parents, and the parents of both his wives, his grandparents, some siblings, his two marriages and all his children. What I found was an asterisk against a Charles Purdue (I was checking the duplicated name) and a note saying there had been an error and "this child is doubtless George Purdue" Signed by the Rector. I nearly disturbed the peace in the search room! So a heartfelt thank you to all those people who took the time to help a Newbie get started.