Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Found Mary Handley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PollySalt

PollySalt Report 6 Sep 2010 06:48

Hi guys thank you for your hard work, it may have been easy for you, but, for me it would have been hard :).
Sorry I didn't post a reply sooner it was just that I needed to speak to a relative before posting and now I have I just want to thank all of you who helped
My cousin had said Joseph had been married to an Elizabeth but then another relative was so adamant that that was not right and that he had been married to a Mary!!!!,so I decided to try searching for myself but I drew not quiet a brick wall but half a brick wall.
Today I went down to Worcester to speak with my rel face to face, she just laughed and said "I'm telling you now it was Mary" and she went on to say "don't know were Elizabeth's come from but it was definitely Mary and she went on to give me details of where Joseph,Mary and their "brood" lived which coincided with what was found here
This lady whilst elderly has all her marbles and now with your help I now know Mary's surname and the date of her marriage to Joseph
I've traveled along way from Stoke-on-Trent to Worcester and back to get the confirmation that it was Mary and you lovely people have given her a surname, thank you so much.