Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Canadian Marriages re George Webb

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 25 Nov 2010 18:34

I want to thank all who have helped me in this successful search. You think after 5 years of doing family history you know a little of what you are doing but when anything like this comes along you realise how little you do know and how to search for things. I want to especially mention Janey Canuck and mgnv. They helped me where to look about coming home on ships paperwork, attestation papers of soldiers, mine had 2 thank goodness, not for him as he was injured early. I now know where soldiers could have been trained in Canada and England and what happens to them once injured.

I must admit I have also emailed any department or society for help, some of which has been most informative.