Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thank you GR

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

chrisef

chrisef Report 29 Jan 2011 08:30

In the short time I have been using this site, I have found out who my grandfather was: George William Locking b 1884, my great aunts and uncles, found rels in the UK who have put me in touch with other rels there,, Darwin, South Australia, Queensland who I never knew existed as well as my late dads birth certificate and my grans marriage certificates!!

My gran was married 3 times: Olive Marcella Atkson - yes to George William Locking b1884. I even found the Locking website: Locking family Connections!

Some of my new rels keep in touch and we send emails to each other and photos, its just absolutely amazing! Thank you everyone for your help, its just fantastic, especially Chris Lowis Uk, he's a gem and a rel too. Thanks everyone. This is a truly amazing site. I'm in Australia and this is the best site I've ever been on, so informative and the hot matches are really interesting, thanks heaps.

Christine Fisher
Australia