Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Leddy and Hurford Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn

Lynn Report 17 Mar 2011 13:54

I have had such an exciting time meeting relatives met through GR but yesterday was the most amazing to date! I met a relative who did not know her beloved uncle had been married to someone else and had 4 daughters, one of whom is my mother. To say it was a shock was an understatement, we arranged to meet in Birmingham yesterday,It was quite emotional as i was given so many photo's and stories to keep me busy for a long time and my mother is about to find out what happened to her father, she last saw him when she was 7 and she is now in her 70's, All of this would not have been possible without the amazing people on GR and feel i have to thank them, So Jax, brummiejan, Choccy, Jacqueline, Rootgatherer, Potty,
RutlandBelle, Cathrine and MaureeninNY a very big THANK YOU from myself and my mum and her sisters.