Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Found most of my Family...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 25 Jun 2011 13:43

Hi there everyone, just to say a BIG THANK YOU to the people that have helped me trace my Father Andre' Freeman, within 1 hour of posting a message on board, they had found my Father's wife he was with befor he died, & traced my Father who had unfortunatly passed away in 1986, this enabled me to put 52yrs of searching behind me & close a door, I contacted her, & she & her 2 Daughters (by a previous marraige) opened me with welcome arms, have visited, swapped photos & stories about my Dad & now in regular contact.
2 days after finding them, I posted another message on wall to see if anyone could trace my half-Sister Mandy (by a previous relationship of my Dad's) again within an hour of posting, I had a reply & found her, we are in phone & e-mail contact, as she lives in Northumberland, too far to travel at moment, but at least we are now in contact and again was welcomed with open arms, just wish I could get to meet her soon. So big thank you again to all those who took up my search on my behalf & came up trumps.
So anyone searching...Do NOT give up hope, patience is the key to un-ravelling family mysteries.