Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Davies/Powell Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joyce

Joyce Report 13 Jun 2013 22:50

Hi all
After several false starts and brick walls I finally found my grandfather's family, I had very little to go on but patience pays off.
I can now go back to 1881 in Ystradyfodwg in Glamorgan where the family were at 4 Windsor St.
My Grandfather's father was Thomas b 1839, Elizabeth b 1839 his wife both born in Brecknockshire.
Children include Mary b 1858 in Brecon, Gwenllian b 1864 , Ann b 1867, both born in Aberdare, Thomas b 1871, LLewellyn b 1874, John b 1878 and my grandfather b 1880 all in Ystradyfodwg Glamorgan.
It took me quite a while but my message to all is keep plugging away and you will get there.
I am now looking pre 1881 hope I strike lucky.

Good luck to all
Cheers
Joyce