Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Theresa (Cork, Ireland)'s success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Theresa (Cork, Ireland) 157164

Theresa (Cork, Ireland) 157164 Report 9 Feb 2004 01:26

Hi all, 1 year to the day, I was renewing my subs, my Grans 2nd cousin got in touch via the site. We have spoken twice on the phone now, are meeting up in the summer and I am looking forward to sharing my info. Thanks GC. This has made my membership worthwhile. You know what I mean. I have met this guys mother in 1990 and used stay near his Grandmother but have never met him despite the fact we didnt live that far away when I was in the UK. At the beginning of this year I finally tied up info on my hubbys side and am in regular contact with a young lady who would be my hubbys 4th cousin. I am hoping we will meet in the summer also. This is a good site and has amazing capabilities, use them wisely and the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow will be found!! I've been on GC just over a year and 'doing' my family tree seriously for over 8 years. Good luck all, love Theresa