Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gail Catt's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gail

Gail Report 16 Mar 2004 14:18

I felt I had to share this amazing story with you: On 7/3/04 I was spending the last day, of a week long stay with my sister. I was on Genes connected and my Brother in Law asked me what I could do, to try and find out anything about his mother ( He hadn,t seen her since she left home when he was very young and had later been told by his father that she was dead! ) I did a name search and lo and behold there was a match. I sent a mail to the lady and waited. The following Wednesday, back at my house I got a mail back. And to cut a long story short, after quite a few more e-mails, I was delighted to discover that she was indeed, my Brother in Laws Mum, ALIVE and well, he also has a half brother he never knew existed!! On 14/3/04 she rang him up and they had a long chat, and this Sunday 21/3/04 he is going to spend the first Mothers Day for 41 years with his Mum. I still can't believe it, like I said.......AMAZING.