Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gloria Lynch's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 7 Aug 2004 21:33

I have a sort of success story. I have known for years that I have a connection with a statue in Douglas Cemetery. Never been there or seen it but it is of Tom Dickson with his sword in one hand and his entrails draped over his other arm. This is how he continued fighting during a battle to his death. I now know that he is from my ggrandfather's, James Dickson McKerrow, paternal grandmother. Still not got all the details yet but I am working on it!!!! Tom Dickson is also the character in the book by Sir Walte Scott 'Castle Dangerous' which is Douglas Castle. Gloria