Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charlotte Cowie's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 11 Aug 2004 15:17

I was establishing my Nana's Family tree for her one day last month and a thought pricked my mind about doing mine, within a day of staring my family tree and paying the fee I had a email from a man telling me that I had a Aunite who was put up for adoption in 1949 before my dad was born, this man was her husband. I must say that I was very shocked about this but the best was yet to come, the next day I had an email from my Uncle who I never new existed, who told me that my Grandma disowned him at 19. Since this email which was on Monday we have emailed 8 or 9 times a day and he telephoned me last night also. I have 2 cousins that I have never met and he was able to tell me about my Granddad who died when I was very young. My uncle also advised me that he had a half sister who was born before my Grandparents married. Since this she has emailed me today wanting to talk to me. I am the happiest person alive at this moment in time and all this 1 week before my 22nd birthday. A big thank you to Genes Reunited for making this happen. its even sweeter that I do not have contact with my Father anymore due to a messy dirovce, this was my own choice.