Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tesca Barnett-Osman's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tesca

Tesca Report 17 Aug 2004 13:54

Thanks to this site, I became potty about the family tree, and drove down to where the Betts came from in Kent. There are still some living in the house listed in 1760! A phone number from a board, a chat at the pub and the local National Trust property, and I've made contact with my cousin (5 times removed), whose wife has been researching for over 20 years. So now I'm simply adding the results of her research, which could add up to twenty thousand names! And, some of their grandchildren look astonishingly like my children/nieces/nephews....