Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Stewart's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 18 Oct 2004 14:01

Having made a start in family name research on your site with many successful connections, I was able to introduce my 93 year old mother to a first cousin of hers whom she had never met - he and wife were visiting England from Canada. This week she will meet, for the first time, two more first cousins, also both in their nineties! It has also been possible for me to show her the house where her grandparents lived and where her mother was born. Although I have gone through some other research avenues to get further information, GenesReunited has given me an excellent springboard. It's really exciting to check my 'messages' each week to see if another successful connection may be made. Subscribers to your site are so helpful, willing to share information, or put you in touch with 'someone who might know'. I have found it much easier to add family members to my tree recently, since your update.