Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Victoria Stoddart's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 26 Oct 2004 12:16

I had been a member of this site for two years, then I was not able to check my messages for nearly 11 months. Thanks to the way this site is set up, my messages were waiting for me, even though my membership had lapsed. On the 28th September this year, the first message I checked was 10 months old but it was the one I had been waiting for my whole life. My birth son had found me, I could hardly believe it. But how was I to reply, my membership was not current. It didn't matter, my reply was sent anyway. After 36 years apart we have found each other, we have not met yet because I am now living on the other side of the world, but we will one day. We e-mail every day and phone each other every week, we are getting to know each other. The day will come, soon I hope, and we will meet, because of this site. A really big thank you to every one, my heart is now whole again. Birth parents have no way of contacting their children, they just have to wait and hope. Please don't give up hope, I never thought this would happen to me, but it did and it can happen to you too. Leave your name on as many sites as possible, it does work.