Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BUG - Unable to get a Gedcom to export

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 6 Jul 2011 06:09

Hi Phil,

I seem to be having a lot of trouble trying to export a gedcom from the site.

Once I have requested one they are taking hours to arrive and when I upload it it has corrupted in some way, with people and relationships missing.

I have a tree of 4000 plus so it usually takes little while to come through, certainly never longer than thirty minutes until the last few days.

Not sure if anyone else has reported this...

Any help or suggestion what would cause this would be good!

:-)

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 7 Jul 2011 10:58

I have just run an export. Started at 9:07 - email with file arrived 10:49. Off to check it now.

UPDATE

13,500 plus names loaded into FTM ok. 93 errors as a result of short GR fields trunkating some of the data originally imported, (such as dates formatted as Bet. 1845 and 1846) otherwise looks ok.

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 11 Jul 2011 03:08

I just tried it again, now it has only exported one person, and that is it!

Not sure what is going on....

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 11 Jul 2011 06:10

I think you need to get GR support to look at it - there may be a problem with your tree.

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 11 Jul 2011 07:11

I tried it about an hour ago and it finally worked.

I have no idea what was wrong with it, at least I have a working one now! :-)

philmoir

philmoir Report 11 Jul 2011 12:06

AmazingGrace08, Glad to hear that your export finally worked, and sorry that you had problems before. Thanks for letting us know it did work in the end.

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 9 Nov 2011 01:05

Hi Phil,

Sorry to have to say that exporting is playing up again,. i have tried twice now to export a gedcom. When I open it it removes all of my ancestral details and those of my immediate family.

I have logged on and off and it has not made any difference.....

:-( :-( :-(

I just want one...not much to aks!