Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Your Site in General

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jane

jane Report 13 Aug 2011 13:21

I was so disappointed with your site when I upgraded to Platinum.
To see other relations who lived in the house in the census, cost me 10 credits. If I didn't save it I had to pay another 10 credits, unlike Scotland's people.
You also do not show the complete birth/death certificate of a person which gives the name of the parents.
Most disappointed.

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Aug 2011 14:22

Jane, no site gives the complete birth or death certs in England and Wales, aside from some of the LMA records on Ancestry which give marriage certs...and baptisms...but not birth certs. They have to be ordered from the GRO or local records office..

Snowdrop

Snowdrop Report 13 Aug 2011 16:38

I don't understand Ive got platinum and I'm very happy with it? Surely this means I don't have to buy credits? :-D

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 13 Aug 2011 20:09

The fact that GR may or may not hold any records is neither here nor there, and I do wish members would stop using this as a criticism whenever someone raises a question about what is and what isn't available for their GR subscription.

What is more to the point is what you are getting for the subscription you are paying and is it value for money. You pays your money and takes your choice....!

jax

jax Report 13 Aug 2011 23:40

I am not understanding the comment about costing you credits to see other members of a household as a platinum member it is all included surely?

Snowdrop

Snowdrop Report 17 Aug 2011 00:46

Yes that was my point too, I'm still confused

jax

jax Report 17 Aug 2011 00:54

Why would you be buying credits if you have platinum? or is this some free credits you have been given?

jax

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 17 Aug 2011 08:05

Hello Jane and welcome to the boards.

Apart from all the good advice given above, have you tried using the Community boards as an aid to your research?

If you are stuck on a particular problem, why not post your query on the Find Ancestors page and I am sure someone will help you out. Take a look at the first post on that board and at the Help Clinic - above left, as they give you guidance on how to start a thread.

Regards, Cx.

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 17 Aug 2011 14:04

Hi Jane,

We just wanted to sort out any confusion raised here. As a Platinum member you should have unlimited access to the 1911 census and will not be charged any credits to view any records within the 1911 census. In fact, as a Platinum member, you won't even be able to buy credits.
Also, there is some reference to the idea that Genes Reunited don't hold our own records. I can assure you that all records you find on Genes Reunited are hosted by Genes Reunited. We pay commission to record providers in order to supply these records to our members, and at no time do we divert you to other sites to gain access to the records.

If you are being charged credits to view 1911 records and are a Platinum member, please contact [email protected] and we will look into the problem.

Hope this clears up any confusion!

Thanks

Katie - The Genes Team

Alan

Alan Report 17 Aug 2011 15:17

Surely as a Platinum member you do not pay credits to view any census record?

One other observation, I used to use Findmypast, they have a system that allows you to see the occupants of an address on the census as opposed to just looking up surnames, this was very useful if you wanted to see the history of your house or that of a family member.

Any chance of this Genes?