Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing Records on this site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 2 Sep 2011 21:07

Are there some records missing from this site I cant find my fathers death although i have the cerficate. Also I found my fathers family on the 1911 census and it recorded his sister but when i searched her name it came back as no records found??? why would this happen :-S

Joy

Joy Report 2 Sep 2011 21:51

I don't know, I have not searched the records in this site. Would you like to give the name /s and I shall look in free BMD / ancestry / find my past / 1911 census.

philmoir

philmoir Report 2 Sep 2011 23:58

It is possible, that during the transcribing process, the details are recorded in error. We're working on improving our search functions to let you get closer to the end result even if that error has occurred. But Joy is right, if you provide details, either one of the many helpful members (like Joy) can check other sites, and I can check our records to see why it's not there. If a transcription error has occurred, then we can correct it.

philmoir

philmoir Report 3 Sep 2011 00:36

Regarding searching, while our search currently looks for exact matching on surname, you can enter just the first initial or first few letters of forename (we generally search forename looking for names that start with the letters supplied). This is usually a good start in finding missing records.

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 4 Sep 2011 06:04

There is also a problem with surnames searches
ie
O'CONNOR
to use GR you have to put OCONNOR

ALSO
HYPHENATED surnames
Stride-O'Connor you have to put STRIDEOCONNOR

:-S