Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RE: Direct downloads

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 3 Sep 2011 19:01

Would it be possible to have all records available through direct downloads. The reason I ask is because this feature is available on Scotlands People which allows downloads onto my iPad and iPhone.

Adobe flash players are not available on these devices and I suspect direct downloads would also help you Apple Mac users

RobG

RobG Report 3 Sep 2011 23:29

TF - You don't need Flash Players for PDFs - PDFs and Flash are two different things, though both an Adobe creation - Flash files are movie-type files (like those annoying ads down the side of this site) whereas PDFs are more like fixed documents .
My understanding is that PDFs can be read on the iPad and the iPhone.

Google iPad PDF reader or iPhone PDF reader

I'm sure someone more knowledgable about Apple products will be able to give you more info (I won't by them out of principle).

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 4 Sep 2011 06:48

Hi RobG thank you for your reply

On Scotland people I am offered a few options but only direct downloads work on iPad and iPhone. I don't search for records myself on this site but my suggestion arose because I had read yet another thread from someone having difficulty downloading images. I thought this may be the answer across all configurations