Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

birth marriage death certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

polar

polar Report 24 Sep 2011 20:19

how do i locate/order them and through who

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 24 Sep 2011 20:21

England and Wales:

buy from www.gro.gov.uk

Locate: 1837~approx 1945 www.freebmd.org

1837~2005 Ancestry or Findmypast

polar

polar Report 24 Sep 2011 20:29

any idea of cost

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 24 Sep 2011 20:32

Full details will be found on the GRO website above.

Gai

Gai Report 25 Sep 2011 07:13

Polar,

I'm in Australia and depending on the exchange rate certificates can cost between $A16 and $A19.

Gai

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Sep 2011 09:46

Certificates from the GRO cost £9. 25p Sterling.

Kath. x

Nona

Nona Report 26 Sep 2011 12:06

I am having problems with the records on here. Can attach them no problem.
When I click on them to view them nothing happens, its pretty hit and miss sometimes it opens sometimes it dosen't and im getting a bit peed off with it now especially as I'm paying for platinum membership. On 3 occasions this morning I am also getting a message at the top of the screen saying BAD REQUEST (REQUEST HEADER TOO LONG). This has also happened when re entering the site as well have never encountered this problem before. I am working on an imac so can't understand why I'm having problems.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 26 Sep 2011 13:06

Nona,

This board is for suggestions for future enhancements to the GR website, so even the original posters question re certificates did not really belong on here. The GR staff responsible for dealing with problems do not normally read it.

You might get a quicker response by reporting the details of your problem direct to the GR Support Team. The email address is

[email protected]