Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My good tree deleted?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dickco

Dickco Report 2 Oct 2011 22:22

My old tree was no longer associated with me, but a new truncated tree added. The old tree had thousands of entries and from time to time I edited my genealogy from it. It's gone! I can't even find myself except for this poor substitute. There seems no one to ask about it so I'm posting here in hopes I get some response. :-(

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Oct 2011 22:27

Dickco

the rsponse from GR will be

email support@genesreunited

Look above to the dark green band. Far right there is a tab Hel

Click on that, then click on Contact Us

I don't know whether any of us have experienced this!

sylvia

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Oct 2011 09:34

If you upload a new gedcom to your account, it overwrites anything there. So if this what you have done, the original has disappeared into the ether, probably for ever.
(been there, done that)

But by all means try support@genesrenited and see what they have to say. Use the Contact us tab from the drop down Help section.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Oct 2011 10:55

It is not too clear from your original message what is happening here.

If you have not uploaded a new gedcom file, which as stated will delete your old tree, are you saying that this has just happened out of the blue?

Estelle

Estelle Report 3 Oct 2011 13:22

Sylvia is correct - please contact our support team who can quickly and easily search for your tree for you. It sounds like you may have a duplicate registration, so we should be able to easily resolve this for you.

Estelle