Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

'mark as answered'

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 16 Oct 2011 22:40

please can there be an answer from Genes Reunited ?

I think there was a thread about this before ... maybe more than one ... but I can't find it ... because the search function for this board just doesn't work ...

this problem continues

a member starts a thread and another member asks a question ( when was he born ? who did she marry ? )

the person who started the thread answers that question and clicks 'marked as answered' on the post where the other member asked the question

now the thread shows as 'answered' in the board list at find ancestors or wherever, the green tick beside the post name

to other members, that means 'completed, you don't need to read it now'

so the poster who is looking for help may not get it

can't this be fixed ?

posters should not be able to mark other members' posts as 'answered'

if only the first post in a thread could be marked as 'answered' by the poster who started the thread, that would fix it I think

really the whole 'mark as answered' tick function does not seem to serve much purpose, hardly anybody uses it for the intended purpose and it obviously just confuses newbies

Joy

Joy Report 16 Oct 2011 23:15

Green tick in answered column
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/suggestions/thread/1268047

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 17 Oct 2011 00:28

thank you Joy ... so that long ago and nothing has been done ...

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Oct 2011 03:30

I also find it annoying

..... and now make a point of asking people to please remove such ticks so that it is obvious that the original question has not been answered.

sylvia

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 17 Oct 2011 22:38

this is making me crazy

another one today after several yesterday, just in threads I have posted in

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/ancestors/thread/1283283

Genes Reunited Phil, why can this problem not be fixed ?