Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Print Size

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 5 Dec 2011 23:25

Is it just me? The size of the print has suddenly become much smaller. As a senior citizen with "not so good" eyesight it's quite a problem. I remember seeing somewhere how to enlarge the print but I'll be darned if I can find it now! (Probably because the print is so small) Any help would be much appreciated.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Dec 2011 23:57

Click on "Help" in the dark green bar next to "community". Then click on "Text too small". Then click on "Text Size" on the left of the screen. It gives instructions for altering the size.

Kath. x

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 6 Dec 2011 01:59

The easiest way I find to enlarge print on any website is..

Click on Ctrl on your keyboard and hold...at the same time scroll forward with your mouse..to the size you find you are most comfortable with. I hope that makes sense.

Linda

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 Dec 2011 08:10

Or....

Click on "View".....(Top left hand corner)

Click "Zoom"...... and then click "Zoom Out" to make the text smaller or "Zoom In" to enlarge.

Just keep clicking until you find the size you want.

:-)

Huia

Huia Report 6 Dec 2011 08:35

I commented on the smaller size several months ago and was told how to enlarge the print, but I already knew. The trouble is that some of the methods mean that you have to keep scrolling the page back and forth (from side to side) to read each sentence. I am just having to put up with the strain of trying to read the small print. Nobody in GR seems to care about us oldies.

Huia.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 6 Dec 2011 13:24

Thank you all for yout help. I did click on "Help" yesterday but I just couldn't see "Text too small?"' there even though I'd seen it before. When I clicked on it today guess where it sent me? The dating site! Second attempt and mission accomplished.

Huia, I did notice your comment a few months ago but I had no problem then. Whatever happened was between my morning and afternoon sessions yesterday when the text suddenly got smaller.

Thanks again,
Marg

Annette

Annette Report 6 Dec 2011 13:54

I thought it was just me not being able to read the print. I got new lenses the other day and was able to read perfectly OK. Now I have to enlarge the print size and keep scrolling backwards and forwards which I find very frustrating. Oh well another nail in the coffin for Genes I think :-(

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 8 Dec 2011 14:21

I'm still in the same boat here. All of the suggestions above simply enlarge the whole page. Easy to read but I have to scroll sideways. Is there no way to enlarge the print without enlarging the whole page? And why did the print suddenly get smaller?