Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

subscriptions & card details.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wisechild

wisechild Report 9 Jan 2012 13:54

Please GR could we have a facility for amending card details on our accounts when we know they have changed instead of waiting for the old one to be rejected.
I would have thought it would make life easier for everyone.

Island

Island Report 9 Jan 2012 14:01

Joy

Joy Report 9 Jan 2012 14:53

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Jan 2012 19:28

Great idea!

it's one reason why I have always had my membership as "Single" not "Continuous"

GR emails me to tell me my sub will be up in one month, thus allowing me to use a card with no worries that it might be rejected

Instead of GR trying to take the money automatically from a card that may not longer be active ....... OR one which I do not wish to use that particular time

sylvia

wisechild

wisechild Report 10 Jan 2012 07:25

It seems stupid to me.
Have just had a reminder from Genes that my membership is due for renewal, saying they will use my existing card details & let me know if it´s rejected.
I know it will be because I have changed my bank, so why not give me the chance to show my new details on my account instead of going through the whole pantomime.
In most cases a card will only be rejected if it´s no longer valid & most members will be fully aware of the fact.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 10 Jan 2012 09:38

Isn't it the case that you are able to amend the details any time during the period from when you get your monthly reminder until your subscription is due?

Joy

Joy Report 10 Jan 2012 10:18

"Isn't it the case that you are able to amend the details any time during the period from when you get your monthly reminder until your subscription is due?"

- it may be now, but it was not the case before my renewal last April.
Last year I had a reminder for the first time in my membership.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 10 Jan 2012 12:21

So why have I had a reminder each year since 2004 and doesn't the email prompt you to go to your account if you wish to change your subscription arrangements?

Surely it works the same for everyone?

Joy

Joy Report 10 Jan 2012 12:50

"Surely it works the same for everyone?"

- seemingly not :-) :-)

wisechild

wisechild Report 10 Jan 2012 13:39

Think you´ll find that "changing your subscription arrangements" only refers to the level of membership you require.