Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

re re Wdytya

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 24 Feb 2012 08:34

Thankyou all for your input,
I have pulled the thread as unfortunately someone left a rude comment about another poster, which I was not prepared to leave on show all night.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Feb 2012 10:43

Shame - it was a good discussion.

Although the comments must have appeared after I'd logged off, that might have been once instance where the RR could have been used correctly. ;-)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 24 Feb 2012 13:05

Wonder what had happened to the thread after I left last night

I did ask the poster to remove the comment but no idea if that happened or not.

Shame really that a member saw fit to post the comment.

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 24 Feb 2012 13:58

Hi GB I could see no point in RR, they would get more attention weeping and wailing on the norty step ! It didnt get removed so I moved it , toot suite .

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 24 Feb 2012 14:37

Well I am pleased you took that decision to delete.

I did wonder at the time about doing RR on the comment.

Wonder if the member the comment was aimed at actually saw it.

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 24 Feb 2012 16:53

I assume i was insulted further after i logged off?

It's weird how the only people posting the nasty comments are those who rarely venture from chat?

T x

Island

Island Report 24 Feb 2012 17:27

Lindsey, I posted on your thread with a comment that was very restrained bearing in mind what I was responding to. I can only assume that the thread continued.
Wayne, I think you are being rather cheeky considering the nasty comment you made about new members on the 'find ancestors' board.