Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Audrey

Audrey Report 26 Feb 2012 16:51

Was wondering if someone could help, I printed off my tree when there were only 75 names on it and it printed fine, a few weeks later I am now up to almost 300 names and i want to print it off to show an elderly relative. Now when i try and print it, it prints off just a tiny bit of the tree, i saw on trouble shooting that the print tree function wasnt working on internet explorer so i duly downloaded google chrome like it said and it still only prints off the same bit of tree as on internet explorer, am i doing something wrong?

Bazz

Bazz Report 26 Feb 2012 20:38

You are not doing anything wrong - It is a gltich tthat has been with the new tree for at least 2 months and the alternative way to print as advised by GR support ie using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox makes no difference - you get the same rubbish Print Preview

PS
If you need to come up with some sort of tree to show your relative you could do an "ANCESTORS "of the starter/home name if there are less than about 100 names
I have tried this and it certainly works for about 80 names
Good Luck

Kim

Kim Report 7 May 2012 22:19

I've printed my full tree previously on numerous A4 sheets. It's no fun sticking heaps of pages together to display a large tree.

Couldn't GR puchase a large printer, similar to those used in drawing offices, capable of printing whole trees on request for a small fee? I'm sure I would not be the only one to utilise such a service. Can't see it not being cost effective.

Seeing a tree in print gives us a perspective that our screens just don't.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 May 2012 22:34

I know I am occasionally very stupid, and most definitely am not fully computer literate .................

BUT ......................

how does GR purchasing a large commercial size printer help you (or me) to print out a tree at home??????

They'd have to mail the printed out tree to you ................... that would cost mucho money for those of us overseas, and probably even in England.

and take days or weeks in transit

or am I missing something?????

sylvia

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 7 May 2012 23:11

The printing of a family tree is far beyond the capability of GR,

They cannot even get this site to work as it should,

If you want your tree printing then go to a site that can deliver a professional service and print a tree without loads of error's and automated replies when things go wrong

http://www.genealogyprinters.com/

Ron who owns the site is a ex member of GR and gives a great service

Roy

PATRICIA123

PATRICIA123 Report 17 Jun 2012 00:45

I A TRYING TO PRINT THE DATE OF BIRTH OF MY GRANDMOTHER BUT THE DATES WILL NOT PRINT.