Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Viewing Trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 23 Mar 2012 20:35

I have been given permission to view a contacts' tree, but all i get is my own tree coming up.
Can genes please advise me.

Sue

Kense

Kense Report 23 Mar 2012 20:42

When your tree is displayed there should be a box at top left that says My Tree with a number next to it. Click on the downward arrow next to it and you should see a list of contacts whose trees you are permitted to view. Select the one you want and it should then be displayed.

Sue

Sue Report 23 Mar 2012 21:16

KENse

Many thanks. Yes, tried it, it works.!!! I have been using old tree and no way could i view it.

:-)

Persephone

Persephone Report 23 Mar 2012 21:52

Sue,

You should still be able to view their tree in your old tree window.. I have just had a look at mine and no problem either way. That one is in the view other trees middle right nearer top of page.
What annoys me is when you go to Family Tree and then want drop down menu before you can even move your cursor down to old tree it zaps you on to the new one. One has to get very forceful and insistent with it to get on the old tree LOL.

I prefer the new one anyway but it would be nice to be able to have all things functioning properly.

Persie