Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Other Branches of tree?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

margaret

margaret Report 20 Jun 2012 08:55

During the last 10 years I have collected facts and information, on people, of the same name and location to the family I am interested in., but at the moment can find no connection to my main tree.

I think it would be helpful to be able to put on more than one main tree.

I presume if i get back far enough they may all be decended from the same pair of people.

Can we have a method of entering two trees- without the cost of registering again? This would surely build up the data base.

KenSE

KenSE Report 20 Jun 2012 09:05

That has been promised once the new tree is working. So you may have to wait a bit.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Jun 2012 20:39

You CAN have more than one tree!

You can Have as many trees as you like

Just join as a free member, with a different email address (eg, gmail, hotmail, etc) or different name for your own address.

You just cannot contact any other members or look at records when a free member.

sylvia

Margee

Margee Report 20 Jun 2012 20:56

Why not use a program like Familytree Maker?. You can add unrelated individuals then merge them when you find the connection.

margaret

margaret Report 20 Jun 2012 22:23

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I use Geno Pro for my tree at home . There you can just plot them out without joining them together.. I have a feeling i may be long gone before I find the connections, I am up to 1665 and still not located them. The population at that time in the parish was about 500, but they are still seperate families, perhaps i shall have to go back to 1068! . :-)