Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Other Branches of tree?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

margaret

margaret Report 20 Jun 2012 08:55

During the last 10 years I have collected facts and information, on people, of the same name and location to the family I am interested in., but at the moment can find no connection to my main tree.

I think it would be helpful to be able to put on more than one main tree.

I presume if i get back far enough they may all be decended from the same pair of people.

Can we have a method of entering two trees- without the cost of registering again? This would surely build up the data base.

Kense

Kense Report 20 Jun 2012 09:05

That has been promised once the new tree is working. So you may have to wait a bit.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Jun 2012 20:39

You CAN have more than one tree!

You can Have as many trees as you like

Just join as a free member, with a different email address (eg, gmail, hotmail, etc) or different name for your own address.

You just cannot contact any other members or look at records when a free member.

sylvia

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 20 Jun 2012 20:56

Why not use a program like Familytree Maker?. You can add unrelated individuals then merge them when you find the connection.

margaret

margaret Report 20 Jun 2012 22:23

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I use Geno Pro for my tree at home . There you can just plot them out without joining them together.. I have a feeling i may be long gone before I find the connections, I am up to 1665 and still not located them. The population at that time in the parish was about 500, but they are still seperate families, perhaps i shall have to go back to 1068! . :-)