Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Board names

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 21 Jun 2012 23:27

How can a member post a thread without a board name showing either as "posted by" or a complete blank when looking at the thread.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1302562

There is no way of contacting that member as nothing to click on to send a message to them

Think this needs a look at as sometimes a poster does have a name showing aginst their original post but shows as Unknown when you view the thread.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Jun 2012 00:01

I have no idea how this happens, GB

............... but I do seem to remember a couple of others appearing with no name just after the changes were made last August.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 22 Jun 2012 00:32

I just looked and the purple button is their to sending a message to David

Send Message

Plus you can now? reply on the thread

another error i think, I had one about 6 weeks ago,
I started a thread and their was no box for replies and no way for me to edit or delete the thread,

Roy

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 22 Jun 2012 11:42

The thread is showing as it should now

Roy

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Jun 2012 19:43

I clicked on the purple button last night, sent a message to the OP, and asked him to go into My Accounts and give himself a board name

I also suggested that he choose something other than his real name as there were hundreds on GR with that same name.

Glad to see he did it!

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 5 Jul 2012 17:21

Another one today

How is this possible

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 5 Jul 2012 17:27

Could it be to do with GR stating on FB last week that the site is now working normally as it should ;-)

Roy :-D

JerryH

JerryH Report 5 Jul 2012 18:31

To my mind the term "working normally" should not be construed as "working properly"

Seems to me that there are still many glitches and problems waiting to be solved ........ but that seems to be the NORMAL state for this site :-D :-D :-D

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 5 Jul 2012 18:42

Jeremy, That was my point ;-)

Roy :-D