Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Photos gone!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 28 Jul 2012 19:02

Can anyone tell me how to access my photos on here now? Since the awful change I don't know where they have gone. Why mend something that isn't broken I haven't been on here very much these past months, it's not the same anymore, bring back the old system, please! If anyone can let me know how to find them please do so. Thank you!........ :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

I have just found them not as clear as the other system was, waste of time putting anymore on here, won't bother in future. I think I may transfer all my relatives onto a proper Ancestry Sheet & then cancel my membership here. Sorry to say, I have enjoyed everything that was available on here for the past 10 years or so, but not any more................

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 28 Jul 2012 19:31

Try this and Keep the link in your favourites

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/tree/default.aspx

Roy

Mary

Mary Report 5 Aug 2012 17:06

Hi

I am having the same problem. I used to be able to view photographs from a relative's tree. I can still access the photo (a gravestone in Ireland) but it is so tiny, I can't even make out what it is. I have e-mailed Genes and am waiting for them to come back to me. I have tried to make it bigger but without success.
Any ideas anyone?

Deborah

Deborah Report 7 Sep 2012 11:30

I agree with comments above. I used to find Genesreunited the best genealogical website, for its speed and ease of navigation.

When they asked for comments on their trial version, I pleaded with them to keep it as it was (I'm not a dinosaur, afraid of change. I have evaluated the alternatives and chose GR because it was the best). However, they were determined to push ahead with their changes and it goes from bad to worse.

Like others, I know have a very modern graphic of someone I cannot identify with at all, instead of the image of my ancestors, which used to appear on their profile.

There are endless pages to click through now, whereas I used to be able to read all my comments easily.

Pity, as it would be great to have a British company with a world-class product. So much is now American or German, no wonder we're in a recession.

Nightmare. :-(